Listening to the Music of Robert Pattinson, Time to Explore the Talent

By J.M. Richards

Mar 3, 2009

I truly wish Robert Pattinson would record some new music. I have read in several interviews that he thinks it would be kind of tacky to put an album out in the midst of his new superstar status. I really hope that he doesn’t let his fear of the whole actor/singer cliché stop him from creating using other art, especially his music. His voice is very soothing and soulful. I love the acoustic guitar, and the unique tone of his voice, and the fact that I don’t always get all of the lyrics.

I didn’t expect his signing voice to sound the way it does. In fact, I remember watching the restaurant scene in Twilight and making a mental note to myself that I really liked the song playing in the background. I bought the soundtrack and imagine my surprise when I found out it was Mr. Pattinson himself. I had no idea.

Although I was disappointed to hear that he wont be on the New Moon soundtrack, I respect and admire his reasons for turning down the opportunity. He said in an interview he “doesn’t want to make money off the back of someone else’s work”. He seems like a very genuine and grounded person. I only hope he can stay that way with all of his recent success. Hopefully the hype will die down soon and he will be able to live a somewhat normal life, and more importantly record some music.